Wednesday 24 March 2010

Seasonal Foods - March

Apologies my followers of seasonal foods, I've been somewhat remiss with my writing this month. I have just moved home you know! So I've received no feedback about how you're all doing with trying to source just seasonal foods, let's assume that means you're all doing well :~) Anywho, here's this months delicious seasonal foods.

March Vegetables
Beetroot, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, chicory, cucmber, jersey royal new potatoes, kale, leeks, onions, parsnips, potatoes, purple sprouting broccoli, rhubarb, rocket, salsify, shallots, spinach, spring onions, swede, wild nettles.

March Seafood
Cockles, conger eel, crab, dab, dover sole, eel, hake, john dory, lobster, mackerel, mussels, oysters, prawns, salmon, sea trout, shrimp, skate, whitebait, winkles.

March Herbs, Flowers, Funghis & Nuts
Chives, coriander, dill, mushrooms, parsley (curly), sorrel.

At the moment I'm eating more smoked mackerel then you can shake a stick at in replacement for my huge appetite for Tuna. Mackerel is also certified as a sustainable stock by the Marine Stewardship Council (http://www.msc.org/cook-eat-enjoy/fish-to-eat/mackerel), so go ahead and eat plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment